In recent years, electrically conductive adhesives (ECA) have made impressive progress in the field of solar panels. Compared to other contact methods, adhesives are easier to process. They can be cured during module lamination without any additional steps being needed. However, not just adhesives, but the entire bonding process is constantly striving for higher performance.
What is the electrically conductive adhesives（ECA）?
Electrically conductive adhesives（ECA） are usually epoxy-based adhesives that are cured with heat or acrylate-based adhesives that are cured with UV light. These adhesives contain metallic fillers, like silver. To improve the adhesive's conductivity, we should think about the quality, shape, size, and distribution of the filler material. An important step for conductivity is the adhesive curing process.
electrically conductive adhesives（ECA） often outperform soldering. Because their curing temperatures are lower than soldering temperatures, they are ideal for electrical contacts on temperature-sensitive substrates. In addition, adhesives are more flexible than solder, so they can withstand vibration better. Another advantage over soldering is that electrically conductive adhesives（ECA） are lead- and solvent-free.
What are the advantages of electrically conductive adhesives（ECA）
1. To help reduce assembly costs : solar panels, which are a type of renewable energy, are expensive to put together and use. In the coming years, costs should go down because more solar panels will be made, and automatic glue assembly will make it easier to put them together. Hence, electrically conductive adhesives（ECA） play a vital role in the manufacturing and installation process in the solar industry.
2. Simplify the production process and facilitate high-volume manufacturing : Mechanical fasteners like screws and U-bolts aren't needed when you use adhesives. They also make it easier to get rid of the stress points that these fasteners cause.
3. Enhanced performance:They also provide long-lasting protection, durability, and structural strength to solar panels thanks to properties such as their high thermal and electrical management and UV resistance. Hence, enhanced performance characteristics and reduced assembly costs are some of the significant factors driving the solar panel adhesives market.
4. Environmental protection: through the reduced process temperature, lead in photovoltaic modules is eliminated, environmental pollution is reduced, and the impact on the environment is greatly reduced.
Why is the market demand for electrically conductive adhesives（ECA） rising?
The global electrically conductive adhesives market size was valued at USD 2275.55 million in 2022and is anticipated to witness a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.61% from 2023 to 2030.ECAs are ideal for a range of applications, including high-reliability aerospace and defense,automotive, medical and telecom products, especially in the PV industry.
1. The rapid development of the photovoltaic industry:
According to the data released by the European Photovoltaic Association, in 2022, the 27 EU countries will add 41.4 GW of new photovoltaic installed capacity, a year-on-year increase of nearly 50%. It is optimistic that the new installed photovoltaic capacity will approach 120 GW in 2026.
Ranks first with a new installed capacity of 7.9 GW in 2022 ; followed by Spain with a newly installed capacity of 7.5 GW. It is estimated that Germany will add more than 10 GW of new installed capacity in 2023, and a total of 62.6 GW will be added in 2023–2026.
GW of installed capacity between 2023 and 2026, with cumulative installations increasing from 26.4 GW in 2022 to 77.7 GW.
2. Government support and encouragement policies for renewable energy :
In December 2022, the German parliament approved a new tax relief package for rooftop PV, including a VAT exemption for PV systems up to 30 kW.
The newly updated German Renewable Energy Act (EEG) says that all photovoltaic parts of the original photovoltaic power plant, such as modules, inverters, etc., can be used in Germany starting in 2023. After the new policy is put into place, it is estimated that the number of photovoltaics installed in Germany will double.
3. Rising fossil energy prices and increasingly serious environmental pollution: More and more people are paying attention to renewable energy technologies. This has driven the development of the photovoltaic industry, thereby driving demand for the photovoltaic electrically conductive adhesives（ECA）market.
ECA is widely used/applied in Maysun's solar panels
1. For shingled cell modules:New solar panels have been created using various cell formats and interconnection technologies. These formats and technologies differ from the typical square solar cell ribbon.
Electrically conductive adhesives (ECA) are used to put them together, which makes them more flexible and able to carry electricity. Increased component power and no need for ribbon.
2.For cell interconnection or bus bar replacement: through ECA, it has higher reliability and solder-less technology.
3.For back contact solar cells: from the outside, no shadows, realize the efficient module concept.
ECA is widely used/applied in Maysun's solar panels. Using electrically conductive adhesives（ECA）, Maysun has made shingled solar panels that work well. And got a lot of good feedback from people!
Maysun Solar has been making high-quality solar panels since 2008. We have a wide range of goods. In addition to shingles, we have all-black, double-glass, and other types of solar panels that use technologies like half-cut, MBB, and IBC. These solar panels have excellent performance and a stylish look, so they can fit in with any building. Maysun Solar has been able to set up offices and warehouses in many countries and work with great installers in a long-term way. If you want the latest module prices or have any other questions about PV, feel free to get in touch with us.